Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Programme Launched By The Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in association with nine IIMs.
The Union Ministry of Skill Creation and Entrepreneurship has unveiled the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship, a two-year initiative. This is achieved in collaboration with the country’s numerous Indian Institutes of Management (IIM).
Stuff to Remember
- A stipend of Rs 50,000 per month during the first year and Rs 60,000 per month during the second year of the fellowship program will be awarded to chosen fellows.
- Registrations will remain available between 15 February and 27 March 2021, and the government has accepted applications from interested applicants.
- The fellowship is being delivered under the SANKALP loan-assisted World Bank scheme.
- The following management institutes (Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Jammu, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Ranchi, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam) will deliver this curriculum.
- IIM Bangalore is managing the admission process.
- In over 660 districts across India, this initiative has been carried out nationwide.
- This fellowship is a Public Policy and Management certificate program and will also be awarded to applicants who successfully complete the course.
- The fellowship is a rare opportunity for district economies to encourage skill growth.
- The two-year mixed program blends classroom sessions at host IIMs with fellowship mentorship in multiple districts.
- It offers an opportunity to engage with district-level schemes and institutions in order to reinforce institutions and improve the production of skills, connect markets and generate growth.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- At the time of registration, applicants should be in the age range of 21-30 years.
- Candidates should hold at least a degree from a recognized university or a postgraduate degree from a recognized university in any field (engineering, law, medicine, social sciences, etc.).
- It is preferred to have three years of work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an emphasis in working in rural areas.
- Applicants with no career experience and a high desire to work in this sector can, however, apply.
- The opportunity to communicate proficiency is favored in the official language used in the state.
Calendar for Admission
- The Mahatma Gandhi National fellowship’s admission period opens on 13 February 2021.
- The deadline for the admission process to be finished is 27 March 2021.
- By the first week of April 2021, admission cards will be released.
- The written admission exam will take place in the third week of April.
- The findings of the experiments are to be announced in the last week of April 2021.
- In the second and fourth weeks of April 2021, the case study and review will take place.
- The start of phase II will start by mid-July.
How can I apply?
- The 2021-23 fellowship application window is open now.
- The window for submissions will remain available until 27 March 2021.
- Candidates should send an e-mail to email@example.com for admission-related assistance.
- Candidates should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for some other assistance.