Heritage Institute of Technology (HIT) of Kolkata was founded in 2001. It was established under the Kalyan Bharti Trust, a Public Charitable Foundation.
The Heritage Institute Of Technology is an autonomous institute that is affiliated with the Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University Of Technology (MAKAUT). Which was previously known as West Bengal University Of Technology (WBUT).
The campus of the institute is built in a reposeful surrounding with a backdrop of lush greenery. The classrooms are fitted with state of the art LCD projectors.
It provides all the basic amenities. It has its own electricity generator with two transformers, health care facility, computer centre, banks, postal facility, fire-fighting equipment, cafeteria, etc.
The Campus also houses common rooms (separately for boys and girls) equipped with indoor games facilities. Table Tennis, Carrom, Chess, etc. along with the outdoor games and sports such as cricket, football, volleyball, basketball, golf, etc.
A harmonious integration of valued traditions with modern outlook is the guiding principle behind the development of the academic environment. This constitutes the basic philosophy of the Heritage Institute of Technology educational initiative of Kalyan Bharti Trust.
Let us look at the vision and mission of the Heritage Institute of Technology:
To prepare dynamic and caring citizens to meet the challenges of global society while retaining their traditional values.
- To prepare students with strong foundation in their disciplines and other areas of learning.
- To provide an environment for critical and innovative thinking, and to encourage life-long learning.
- To develop entrepreneurial and professional skills.
- To promote research and developmental activities and interaction with industry.
- To inculcate leadership qualities for serving the society.
Core Values Of the Heritage Institute of Technology:
- Integrity and Honesty
- Respect for Individuals
- Transparency and Accountability
- Commitment and Dedication
- Concern for Quality
- Passion for Innovation and Performance
- Social, Ecological and Ethical Sensitivity
The HIT has International collaborations with the following Universities:
MOU signed with University of Massachusetts, Lowell for a variety of joint academic and education activities
- Summer undergraduate experiences;
- Dual degree programs where selected HITK students on completion of their B.Tech. degree will be able to proceed to UML to complete their MS.
- Faculty and student exchanges and opportunities for paid internships.
- Cooperation in academic and research programs in nanotechnology engineering, including joint Ph.D. programs;
Agreement signed with New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) NJ, USA with the following objectives to provide a meaningful learning and research experience to undergraduate students that will stimulate interest both in seeking a better future, performing research and pursuing graduate studies.
MOU signed with College of Natural Science, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea with the following objectives :
- Reciprocal exchange of faculty, Staff and students;
- Engagement in joint research projects;
- Fostering exchange of academic publications and information;
- Promotion of other academic activities.
Negotiations are on with the University of Sussex, UK for academic collaboration.